The IT Maturity Mission Statement
To Methodically and
Continually make CIO’s Heroes of the 21st Century!
By providing tools to CIO’s, their IT teams, and their larger enterprises that:
- Define, track, measure, tune, and advance Information Technology to enhance each and every business function within enterprises.
- Define, track, measure, tune, and advance excellence in Information Technology.
- Advance Information Technology within products, services, manufacturing, and when available,
other business processes (e.g. distribution robots).
- Define, track, measure, tune, and advance Information Technology for the maturation of other
processes used by IT including vendor engagement, law, and negotiation.
- Define, track, measure, tune, and advance Information Technology for the maturation of leadership within the enterprise.
Usage of the above tools will significantly enable the larger enterprise and move the CIO into the
position of a primary enabler of the enterprise and hero. As CIO’s utilize IT Maturity tools to enhance
every business function and mature their larger enterprises, they will enable enterprises to dramatically
improve the larger world. With these skills CIO’s will naturally take on larger leadership and hero positions within enterprises and the larger world.
Usage of the IT Maturity Method.
Usage of the the IT Maturity Method is a highly effective way to advance the future.
IT Maturity’s primary operations are currently in the US and will soon be expanding globally.
IT Maturity is aimed at CIO’s, IT teams, and their larger enterprise teams.
Dr. Coven received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Arizona State University,
specializing in Artificial Intelligence and systems that reason about themselves. He was a professor at Bellarmine University before entering industry, where has
worked with software development companies, as an entrepreneur, and as a consultant to the automotive industry.
Within the automotive industry he has acted as an enterprise architect where he
has developed a wave oriented philosophy for getting very large technical teams to work together. Most notably this philosophy was used on a project to update
25 plus applications along with associated middleware and infrastructure which was then deployed to 60 plus plants across the globe. This system is still in use
today and has been used to produce millions of vehicles. The wave philosophy gets technical teams to see themselves as ships on an ocean where they ride the waves (changes) from
many different directions and steer clear courses for the part of the problem they are responsible for. This prevents analysis paralysis from setting in where teams are all waiting on each other.
Dr. Coven went on to create methodologies for enterprise level technology and business process maps
for the same global automotive OEM.
With the IT Maturity Method Dr. Coven has extended the art and science of creating enterprise level
technology and business process maps several steps further as follows:
- The art and science of creating enterprise models is extended to Vendor Integration, as well as
- Mechanisms for tracking and measuring of technology, business processes, vendor integration,
and leadership are provided.
- Tuning and advancing tools are built based on the results of tracking and measuring.
- Methodologies are provided to evolve product and services based on emerging technology.